Australian Student Visa – As a foreign student planning on studying in Australia, you will be needing an Australian student visa. Also, you must be ready to prove that you meet the requirement needed for this visa to the department of home affairs. Some of the requirements includes:
- Financial requirements
- English requirements
- Standard Health requirement
- Valid Temporary Entrant requirement
Additionally, you will be expected to complete the student visa form, pay the visa fees and also attend an interview.
Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE)?
A genuine temporary entrant is designed to ensure that the foreign student is able to demonstrate that they will be returning back to their home country immediately they are done with their studies in Australia. Factors that will be considered for this include:
- Current active circumstances in your country of origin
- Your immigration history
- Impact of your choice of course to your future.
To ascertain some of this requirements/factors you may be required to attend an interview at any Australian embassy in your country.
Completing an Australian student visa application form
Before applying for a student visa, you are expected to apply and obtain an admission offer from any reputable university in Australia to study any course of your choice. You will also be allowed to change your course when you arrive Australia but you might need to apply for a new visa if you intend changing to a lower level on the Australian qualification framework. You are also allowed to study two or more courses on your student visa where there is a clear relationship or progression from one preferred course to the other
Australian student visa requirements
Some of the requirements needed to process an Australian student visa includes:
- Health requirements: All foreign students interested in migrating to Canada are expected to carry out a proper health checkup to ensure they are in good health condition when arriving Australia.
- Financial requirements: You will be expected to provide a financial evidence showing you have sufficient funds needed to cover your tuition, travel and living cost. This can range up to AU$20,290.
- English proficiency: You will be expected to be sound in English writing and communication for proper communication in Australia. Eligible tests include: IELTS, TOEFL IBT, Pearson Test or Cambridge Advance English Test.
Australian student visa documents
Some of the documents needed for processing an Australian student visa includes:
- A competed student visa form (157A)
- Fully paid visa processing fee
- A copy of your passport biodata page
- Valid letter of admission offer
- Evidence of health insurance
- Valid English proficiency test result
- Criminal record report
- Four passport photographs
How to Use your Australia student visa
You are allowed to enter Australia and stay 90 days before commencement of your course. Within seven days of arrival, you are expected to inform your educational provider of your resident address and also inform them of any changes within seven days.
While in Australia, you will be allowed to work 40 hours per fortnight during school time and full time during holidays. You are not expected to depend on your work to support your education and you are not allowed to start working before the commencement of your course.
While on the student visa program, you are expected to carry out certain obligations. You must remain enrolled in the CRICOS registered course and you must ensure that you attend all classes regularly. Maintain a satisfactory course progress and also OSHC Health insurance. Please ensure you don’t breach any of the regulations to avoid cancellation of your student visa.